Today, I have my first follow-up session with my doctor since my diagnosis (in March 2015). I am nervous, but a little excited – I hope that all of the lifestyle changes I have made have truly increased my estrogen!
Before the visit, I was sure to power up with a nutritious and delicious breakfast:
– Masala chai latte with organic nonfat milk (the version I make at home only has 52 calories, and is deliciously spice – comment if you’d like the recipe)
Nana-Nut and Seed Porridge
– Organic steel cut oatmeal (1/4 cup dry, cooked in 2 cups water so it is a little creamy)
– 1/2 medium banana, sliced
– 6 organic, raw almonds
– 1 tsp organic coarsely ground flax seeds
– 1 tsp chia seeds
– 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
Breakfast Total: 374 kcal – C: 59g, F: 11g, P: 17g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 19g (all natural, from fruit)
Would pictures make my posts more interesting? Let me know! I was too busy devouring my breakfast to stop and take a photo this morning, haha.
Lots of love,